Given two numbers x and y (x <= y), find out the total number of natural numbers, say i, for which i! is divisible by x but not y.
Input : x = 2, y = 5 Output : 3 There are three numbers, 2, 3 and 4 whose factorials are divisible by x but not y. Input: x = 15, y = 25 Output: 5 5! = 120 % 15 = 0 && 120 % 25 != 0 6! = 720 % 15 = 0 && 720 % 25 != 0 7! = 5040 % 15 = 0 && 5040 % 25 != 0 8! = 40320 % 15 = 0 && 40320 % 25 != 0 9! = 362880 % 15 = 0 && 362880 % 25 != 0 So total count = 5 Input: x = 10, y = 15 Output: 0
For all numbers greater than or equal to y, their factorials are divisible by y. So all natural numbers to be counted must be less than y.
A simple solution is to iterate from 1 to y-1 and for every number i check if i! is divisible by x and not divisible by y. If we apply this naive approach, we wouldn’t go above 20! or 21! (long long int will have its upper limit)
A better solution is based on below post.
Find the first natural number whose factorial is divisible by x
We find the first natural numbers whose factorials are divisible by x! and y! using above approach. Let the first natural numbers whose factorials are divisible by x and y be xf and yf respectively. Our final answer would be yf – xf. This formula is based on the fact that if i! is divisible by a number x, then (i+1)!, (i+2)!, … are also divisible by x.
Below is the implementation.
This article is contributed by Shubham Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are divisible by X or Y
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are divisible by 2 and 7
- Check if product of first N natural numbers is divisible by their sum
- Check whether factorial of N is divisible by sum of first N natural numbers
- Number of pairs from the first N natural numbers whose sum is divisible by K
- Check if factorial of N is divisible by the sum of squares of first N natural numbers
- Count set bits in the Kth number after segregating even and odd from N natural numbers
- Count non decreasing subarrays of size N from N Natural numbers
- Count pairs of natural numbers with GCD equal to given number
- Find the count of natural Hexadecimal numbers of size N
- Count numbers in range 1 to N which are divisible by X but not by Y
- Count the numbers divisible by 'M' in a given range
- Count numbers in range L-R that are divisible by all of its non-zero digits
- Count n digit numbers divisible by given number
- Count pairs of numbers from 1 to N with Product divisible by their Sum