Given two integers A and B, convert A to B by performing one of the following operations any number of times:
- A = A + K
- A = A – K, where K belongs to [1, 10]
The task is to find the minimum number of operations required to convert A to B using the above operations.
Input: A = 13, B = 42
The following sequence of moves can be performed: 13 → 23 → 32 → 42(add 10, add 9, add 10).
Input: A = 18, B = 4
The following sequence of moves can be performed: 18 → 10 → 4 (subtract 8, subtract 6).
Approach: The idea is to simply calculate the required number of moves by dividing the absolute difference of A and B by all the numbers in the range [1…10] and adding it to the resultant variable. Follow the steps below to solve the problem:
- Initialize a variable required_moves to store the minimum count of moves required.
- Find the absolute difference of A and B.
- Iterate over the range [1, 10] and perform the following operations:
- Divide the number by i and add it to the resultant variable.
- Calculate modulo of absolute difference by i.
- Finally, print the value of required_moves.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(K), where K is in the range [0, 10]
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum number of moves required to reach the destination by the king in a chess board
- Minimum number of given moves required to make N divisible by 25
- Minimum moves required to type a word in QWERTY based keyboard
- Number of moves required to guess a permutation.
- Count of minimum reductions required to get the required sum K
- Count minimum number of moves to front or end to sort an array
- Maximum prime moves to convert X to Y
- Find minimum moves to reach target on an infinite line
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Minimum number of moves to reach N starting from (1, 1)
- Minimum moves taken to move coin of each cell to any one cell of Matrix
- Find minimum moves to bring all elements in one cell of a matrix
- Minimum moves to reach target on a infinite line | Set 2
- Count possible moves in the given direction in a grid
- Count number of 1s in the array after N moves
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum operations required to convert X to Y by multiplying X with the given co-primes
- Minimum splits required to convert a number into prime segments
- Minimum flips required to convert given string into concatenation of equal substrings of length K
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : code_hunt