Given two numbers m and n, count number of m digit numbers that are divisible by n.
Input : m = 2 n = 6 Output : 15 Two digit numbers that are divisible by 6 are 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, ....., 96. Input : m = 3 n = 5 Output :180
A simple solution is two try all m digit numbers. For every number, check if it is divisible by n. If yes, we increment count.
An efficient solution involves following steps.
The idea is based on the fact that starting from first divisible number, every n-th number is divisible by n.
- Find largest m digit number.
- Find largest m-1 digit number.
- Divide both number by n and subtract later from prior.
Below is the implementation of above steps.
Time complexity : O(m)
This article is contributed by Aditya Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count 'd' digit positive integers with 0 as a digit
- Count of N-digit numbers having digit XOR as single digit
- Count numbers in a range with digit sum divisible by K having first and last digit different
- Minimum decrements to make integer A divisible by integer B
- Sum of last digit of all integers from 1 to N divisible by M
- Count positive integers with 0 as a digit and maximum 'd' digits
- Count n digit numbers not having a particular digit
- Count of pairs (A, B) in range 1 to N such that last digit of A is equal to the first digit of B
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Count integers in a range which are divisible by their euler totient value
- Count integers in the range [A, B] that are not divisible by C and D
- Count n digit numbers divisible by given number
- Count of numbers in range which are divisible by M and have digit D at odd places
- Count of N digit palindromic numbers divisible by 9
- Count of N-digit Numbers having Sum of even and odd positioned digits divisible by given numbers
- Count the number of pairs (i, j) such that either arr[i] is divisible by arr[j] or arr[j] is divisible by arr[i]
- Median in a stream of integers (running integers)
- Mode in a stream of integers (running integers)
- Lexicographically smallest permutation of size A having B integers exceeding all preceeding integers
- Digital Root (repeated digital sum) of square of an integer using Digital root of the given integer