Given a range [L, R]. The task is to find the total number of Hexadecimal alphabets that are required to write every number in the range.
Hexadecimal alphabets are the alphabets in the range [A, F] which are required to represent decimal numbers from the range [10, 15]
Input: L = 10, R = 15
All the numbers from 10 to 15 contain a hexadecimal alphabet.
Input: L = 15, R = 16
15 and 16 are represented in hexadecimal as F and 10 respectively.
- First of all, check if num ≥ 10 and num ≤ 15. If yes then increment the count as decimal numbers from 10 to 15 contain a hexadecimal alphabet.
- If num > 15 than update the number as num = num % 16. If it is greater than 10 than increment the count.
- Repeat 2nd step till number (for every number) is greater than 0.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Convert a binary number to hexadecimal number
- Program to Convert Hexadecimal Number to Binary
- Program for hexadecimal to decimal
- Program for decimal to hexadecimal conversion
- Program to convert IP address to hexadecimal
- StringStream in C++ for Decimal to Hexadecimal and back
- Program to Convert Hexadecimal to Octal
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Convert Hexadecimal value String to ASCII value String
- Count the number of 1's and 0's in a binary array using STL in C++ ?
- Count number of even and odd elements in an array
- Count the number of holes in an integer
- Count Numbers with N digits which consists of odd number of 0's
- Count number of Distinct Substring in a String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.