The copyreg module defines functions which are used by pickling specific objects while pickling or copying. This module provides configuration information about object constructors(may be factory functions or class instances) which are not classes.
This function is used for declaring object as a valid constructor. An object is not considered as a valid constructor if it is not callable. This function raises TypeError if the object is not callable.
copyreg.pickle(type, function, constructor=None)
This is used to declare function as a “reduction” function for objects of type type. function should return either a string or a tuple containing two or three elements.
The constructor parameter is optional. It is a callable object which can be used to reconstruct the object when called with the tuple of arguments returned by function at pickling time. TypeError is raised if object is a class or constructor is not callable.
pickling a C instance... pickling a C instance... b'\x80\x03c__main__\nC\nq\x00K\x01\x85q\x01Rq\x02.'
This article is contributed by Aditi Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- pickle — Python object serialization
- SymPy | Permutation.support() in Python
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 2 (Logarithmic and Power Functions)
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 4 (Special Functions and Constants)
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 3 (Trigonometric and Angular Functions)
- Classifying data using Support Vector Machines(SVMs) in Python
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 1 (Numeric Functions)
- Python Inner Functions
- Log functions in Python
- Functions in Python
- First Class functions in Python
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Partial Functions in Python
- Iterator Functions in Python | Set 1
- Decimal Functions in Python | Set 1