We can copy a file from one location to another using FileInputStream and FileOutputStream classes in Java.
For this we have to import some specific classes of java.io package. So for instance let us include the entire package with statement import java.io.*;
The main logic of copying file is to read the file associated to FileInputStream variable and write the read contents into the file associated with FileOutputStream variable.
Methods used in the program
- int read(); Reads a byte of data. Present in FileInputStream. Other versions of this method : int read(byte bytearray) and int read(byte bytearray, int offset, int length)
- void write(int b) : Writes a byte of data. Present in FileOutputStream. Other versions of this method : void write(byte bytearray) and void write(byte bytearray, int offset, int length);
This article is contributed by Parul Dang. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- File handling in Java using FileWriter and FileReader
- Delete a file using Java
- Moving a file from one directory to another using Java
- How to play an Audio file using Java
- Counting number of lines, words, characters and paragraphs in a text file using Java
- Size of file on the Internet using Java
- Creating a Cell at specific position in Excel file using Java
- Reading a CSV file in Java using OpenCSV
- Writing a CSV file in Java using OpenCSV
- Creating Sheets in Excel File in Java using Apache POI
- Convert byte array to File using Java
- Java program to store a Student Information in a File using AWT
- Java.io.File Class in Java
- Creating a file using FileOutputStream
- Redirecting System.out.println() output to a file in Java
- Myth about the file name and class name in Java
- Different ways of Reading a text file in Java
- Check if a File is hidden in Java
- File Permissions in Java
- How to run java class file which is in different directory?