The incredible advancement has been made by the technology over the past 20 years.The future of technology for some it is unsettling, while to others it may be exciting.
Here are some quirky facts about technology that may be surprising for you :
1. 30th November is known as “Computer Security Day“.
2. Although GPS is free to use for the world but it costs $2 million per day to operate. The
money comes from the American tax revenue.
3. Every minute, individual users upload 100 hours of video on YouTube.
4. Ninety percent of the text messages received are read within the three minutes of being delivered.
5. It has been 40 years since the world’s first call on mobile phone successfully took place.
6. At 3:15 pm on the day in which Michael Jackson died Twitter, Wikipedia, and AOL IM all crashed.
7. an American e-commerce and cloud computing company Amazon.com was earlier known as Cadara.com
8. World’s first 1 GB hard drive was announced by IBM in 1980. Its price was of $40, 000!
9. In general, people read as much as 10% slower from a screen than from the
10. 1, 000 Computers are used by a single Google query in 0.2 seconds to retrieve an answer.
- Py-Facts - 10 interesting facts about Python
- 10 Interesting Python Cool Tricks
- Cool Custom Welcome Messages on Linux terminal
- Big Data as a Technology
- Interesting Facts about C++
- Interesting Facts About Perl
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- Interesting facts about C Language
- Interesting Facts about Linux
- 10 Interesting Facts About Computers
- Interesting Facts about DBMS
- Top 10 Technology Trends That You Can Learn in 2020
- Interesting Facts About Cloud Computing
- Interesting Facts and Features about AngularJS
- Advantages and disadvantages of Remote Communication Technology
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.