There are several APIs available to convert text to speech in python. One of such APIs is the Google Text to Speech API commonly known as the gTTS API. gTTS is a very easy to use tool which converts the text entered, into audio which can be saved as a mp3 file.
The gTTS API supports several languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, French, German and many more. The speech can be delivered in any one of the two available audio speeds, fast or slow. However, as of the latest update, it is not possible to change the voice of the generated audio.
To install the gTTS API, open terminal and write
pip install gTTS
This works for any platform.
Now we are all set to write a sample program that converts text to speech.
The output of the above program should be a voice saying, 'Welcome to geeksforgeeks!'
This article is contributed by Akhil Goel. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert Text to Speech in Python using win32com.client
- Python Text To Speech | pyttsx module
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Python | Part of Speech Tagging using TextBlob
- Part of Speech Tagging with Stop words using NLTK in python
- Text Analysis in Python 3
- Tokenize text using NLTK in python
- Python | Tokenize text using TextBlob
- Python | Display text to PyGame window
- Formatted text in Linux Terminal using Python
- Reading and Writing to text files in Python
- Textwrap – Text wrapping and filling in Python
- Fetching text from Wikipedia's Infobox in Python
- Python program to extract Email-id from URL text file
- Python program to convert POS to SOP