There are several APIs available to convert text to speech in python. One of such APIs available in the python library commonly known as win32com library. It provides a bunch of methods to get excited about and one of them is the Dispatch method of the library. Dispatch method when passed with the argument of SAPI.SpVoice It interacts with the Microsoft Speech SDK to speak what you type in from the keyboard.
Input : Hello World Output : Input : 121 Output :
To install the win32com.client module , open terminal and write
pip install pypiwin32
This works on Windows platform. Now we are all set to write a sample program that converts text to speech.
Welcome to geeks for geeks
This article is contributed by Subhajit Saha. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Python | Convert image to text and then to speech
- Python Text To Speech | pyttsx module
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Converting Text to Speech in Java
- Python | Part of Speech Tagging using TextBlob
- Python | Speech recognition on large audio files
- Part of Speech Tagging with Stop words using NLTK in python
- Text Analysis in Python 3
- Text Preprocessing in Python | Set 2
- Python | Merge two text files
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.text()
- Python | Tokenize text using TextBlob
- Tokenize text using NLTK in python
- Formatted text in Linux Terminal using Python