There are several APIs available to convert text to speech in python. One of such APIs available in the python library commonly known as win32com library. It provides a bunch of methods to get excited about and one of them is the Dispatch method of the library. Dispatch method when passed with the argument of SAPI.SpVoice It interacts with the Microsoft Speech SDK to speak what you type in from the keyboard.
Input : Hello World Output : Input : 121 Output :
To install the win32com.client module , open terminal and write
pip install pypiwin32
This works on Windows platform. Now we are all set to write a sample program that converts text to speech.
Welcome to geeks for geeks
This article is contributed by Subhajit Saha. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Python Text To Speech | pyttsx module
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Converting Text to Speech in Java
- Python | Part of Speech Tagging using TextBlob
- Part of Speech Tagging with Stop words using NLTK in python
- Text Analysis in Python 3
- Tokenize text using NLTK in python
- Python | Tokenize text using TextBlob
- Fetching text from Wikipedia's Infobox in Python
- Python | Scramble words from a text file
- Python | Display text to PyGame window
- Formatted text in Linux Terminal using Python
- Python | How to dynamically change text of Checkbutton
- Reading and Writing to text files in Python