Python defines type conversion functions to directly convert one data type to another. This article is aimed at providing information about converting the string to float. In Python, we can use float() to convert String to float.
This function is used to convert any data type to a floating-point number.
The method only accepts one parameter and that is also optional to use. If no argument is passed then the method returns 0.0.
3.141 <type 'str'> 3.141 <type 'float'>
<type 'float'> ('Float Value =', 55.567)
- Convert Python String to Float datatype
- How to convert Float to Int in Python?
- Python | Float type and its methods
- Convert string to integer in Python
- Convert integer to string in Python
- How to convert string to integer in Python?
- Convert String to Long in Python
- Convert Decimal to String in Python
- Convert String to Double in Python3
- String to Int and Int to String in Python
- Python program to print even length words in a string
- Find length of a string in python (4 ways)
- How to change any data type into a String in Python?
- How to find the int value of a string in Python?
- New '=' Operator in Python3.8 f-string
- Python Docstrings
- Comments in Python
- 10 Essential Python Tips And Tricks For Programmers
- Python if else
- Python | Method Overloading
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.