Below given are some methods which can be used to convert Stream to Set in Java.
Method 1 : Using Collectors
Stream collect() method takes elements from a stream and stores them in a collection.collect(Collector.toSet()) collects elements from a stream to a Set.
Stream.collect() method can be used to collect elements of a stream in a container. The Collector which is returned by Collectors.toSet() can be passed that accumulates the elements of stream into a new Set.
-1 0 -2 1 2
Method 2 : Converting Stream to Array and then to Set
The problem of converting Stream into Set can be divided into two parts :
1) Convert Stream to an Array 2) Convert Array to a Set
S E G K
Note : Output is random because HashSet takes input in random order as generated hash value.
Method 3 : Using forEach
20 5 25 10 15
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert a Set to Stream in Java
- HashSet vs TreeSet in Java
- ShortBuffer allocate() method in Java With Examples
- IntBuffer duplicate() method in Java with Examples
- ShortBuffer compact() method in Java With Examples
- LongBuffer equals() method in Java
- IntBuffer array() method in Java
- IntBuffer hasArray() method in Java
- ShortBuffer arrayOffset() method in Java With Examples
- ShortBuffer asReadOnlyBuffer() method in Java with Examples