First of all, let we understand that what are pandas series. Pandas Series are the type of array data structure. It is one dimensional data structure. It is capable of holding data of any type such as string, integer, float etc. A Series can be created using Series constructor.
Syntax: pandas.Series(data, index, dtype, copy)
Return: Series object.
Now, Let’s create a pandas Series:
Syntax: Dataframe.reset_index(level=None, drop=False, name=None, inplace=False)
Example 1: We will convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column.
Example 2: We can also rename our index column.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to Convert Dataframe column into an index in Python-Pandas?
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Create a Pandas DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- How to Convert Index to Column in Pandas Dataframe?
- How to convert index in a column of the Pandas dataframe?
- Add a Pandas series to another Pandas series
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Convert a series of date strings to a time series in Pandas Dataframe
- Return the Index label if some condition is satisfied over a column in Pandas Dataframe
- How to Sort a Pandas DataFrame based on column names or row index?
- Split Pandas Dataframe by Column Index
- Determine Period Index and Column for DataFrame in Pandas
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Convert the column type from string to datetime format in Pandas dataframe
- Convert a column to row name/index in Pandas
- Python | Pandas Series.nonzero() to get Index of all non zero values in a series
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- How to Convert Wide Dataframe to Tidy Dataframe with Pandas stack()?
- Combine two Pandas series into a DataFrame
- How to Convert Pandas DataFrame columns to a Series?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.