Given a string, convert the characters of the string into opposite case,i.e. if a character is lower case than convert it into upper case and vice-versa.
Input : geeksForgEeks Output : GEEKSfORGeEKS Input : hello every one Output : HELLO EVERY ONE
ASCII values of alphabets: A – Z = 65 to 90, a – z = 97 to 122
- Take one string of any length and calculate its length.
- Scan string character by character and keep checking the index .
- If character in a index is in lower case, then subtract 32 to convert it in upper case, else add 32 to convert it in lower case
- Print the final string.
Time Complexity: O(n)
Note: This program can alternatively be done using C++ inbuilt functions – Character.toLowerCase(char) and Character.toUpperCase(char).
This article is contributed by Rishabh Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Minimum number of operations to move all uppercase characters before all lower case characters
- Python | Convert a list of characters into a string
- Convert given string so that it holds only distinct characters
- Convert a String into a square matrix grid of characters
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Rearrange the characters of the string such that no two adjacent characters are consecutive English alphabets
- Permutation of a string with maximum number of characters greater than its adjacent characters
- Count of ungrouped characters after dividing a string into K groups of distinct characters
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- String in Switch Case in Java
- Permute a string by changing case
- Sentence Case of a given Camel cased string
- Toggle case of a string using Bitwise Operators
- Lower case to upper case - An interesting fact