Given the value ‘N’ which is length of a number ‘A’. Your task is to convert the digits such that at least ‘K’ times in the number ‘A’ any digit exists. In order to replace one of ‘N’ digits you also needs to calculate the cost which is the absolute differences between the old digit and the new one. The task is to print the minimum cost took to convert the initial number to the final number also print the final number.
Note: If there are several such numbers, then print the lexicographically minimum one.
Input: N = 6, K = 5, A = 898196
Output: 4, 888188
Number = “898196”, the second digit as “9” will be replaced to “8” costs |9 – 8| = 1 . Replacing the fifth digit with an “8” will cost the same. Replacing the fifth digit cost |6 – 8| = 2. As a result, 4 will be the total cost and the final number will be “888188”.
Input: N = 16, K = 14, A = 6124258626539246
Output: 22, 4444448444449444
- Initialize a number ‘A’ of length ‘N’ .
- Initialize a PAIR STL to store the minimum cost and Number.
- Store the number as string in the temp variable.
- Using two for loop checks all the digits with difference of ‘j’ and replace them with ‘i’, break if cost is achieved.
- Replace the minimum cost with the previous one.
- At last, print the minimum cost and the final number.
Below is the implementation of above approach :
Explanation: As on converting 1 to 2 just one time. 2 becomes k times in the number. So the cost is 2-1 = 1.
- Perform n steps to convert every digit of a number in the format [count][digit]
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Count of Numbers in a Range where digit d occurs exactly K times
- Smallest integer greater than n such that it consists of digit m exactly k times
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Convert all substrings of length 'k' from base 'b' to decimal
- Convert to a string that is repetition of a substring of k length
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Convert the undirected graph into directed graph such that there is no path of length greater than 1
- Times required by Simple interest for the Principal to become Y times itself
- Queries on sum of odd number digit sums of all the factors of a number
- Number of sub-strings that contain the given character exactly k times
- Largest number less than N whose each digit is prime number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.