Prerequisite – Flip-flop
Here, we will discuss the process of conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into a T Flip-Flop using an example.
Rules for conversion:
Find the characteristics table of required flip-flop and the excitation table of the existing (given) flip-flop.
Find the expression of given flip-flop in terms of required flip-flop using K-map.
Find the circuit diagram of required flip-flop.
S-R Flip-Flop to T Flip-Flop:
Following is the characteristics table of T flip-flop and excitation table of S-R flip-flop.
Now, using K-map we get the expression for of S & R in terms of T.
S = TQn’ & R = TQn
Therefore, the circuit diagram for conversion of S-R flip-flop into T flip-flop is:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Conversion of Epsilon-NFA to NFA
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Digital to Analog Conversion
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 9)
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 4)
- Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Octal Conversion
- Minimal to Canonical Form Conversion
- Program for Octal to Decimal Conversion
- Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion
- Conversion of Binary number to Base 4 system
- Flip-flop types, their Conversion and Applications
- Difference between Type Casting and Type Conversion
- Analog to Analog Conversion (Modulation)
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.