Prerequisite – Flip-flop
1. S-R Flip-Flop :
S-R flip-flop is similar to S-R latch expect clock signal and two AND gates. The circuit responds to the positive edge of clock pulse to the inputs S and R.
2. D Flip-Flop :
D Flip-Flop is a modified SR flip-flop which has an additional inverter. It prevents the inputs from becoming the same value.
Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop :
We construct the characteristic table of D flip-flop and excitation table of S-R flip-flop.
Using the K-map we find the boolean expression of S and R in terms of D.
S = D R = D'
We construct the circuit diagram of the conversion of S-R flip-flop into D flip-flop.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Conversion of Epsilon-NFA to NFA
- Digital to Analog Conversion
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Minimal to Canonical Form Conversion
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 9)
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 4)
- Program for Decimal to Octal Conversion
- Program for Octal to Decimal Conversion
- Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
- Flip-flop types, their Conversion and Applications
- Conversion of Binary number to Base 4 system
- Difference between Type Casting and Type Conversion
- Analog to Analog Conversion (Modulation)
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.