We all know that, = .
In other words, single digit in base 4 can be represented using 2 digits in base 2. Base 2 has digits 0 and 1. Similarly base 4 has digits 0, 1, 2 and 3.
Algorithm for Binary to Base 4 Conversion
- Beginning from right, group the digits of binary (base 2) number into group of two.
- Write the base 4 equivalent value corresponding to the each group.
Example: Convert the binary number 1010 to base 4.
Therefore the base 4 equivalent of binary number 1010 is 22.
Now, Algorithm for Base 4 to Binary Conversion: Represent each digit in the base 4 number using 2 bits.
Example: Convert the base 4 number 22 to binary.
Therefore the binary equivalent of base 4 number 22 is 1010.
(1) Convert the binary number 111000 to base 4.
(2) Convert the binary number 100100 to base 4.
(3) Convert the binary number 1001001111 to base 4.
(4) What is the binary equivalent of base 4 number 3333.
(5) What is the binary equivalent of base 4 number 111303.
(1) 320 (2) 210 (3) 21033 (4) 11111111 (5) 10101110011
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number System and Base Conversions
- Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
- System Protection in Operating System
- Allocating kernel memory (buddy system and slab system)
- User View Vs Hardware View Vs System View of Operating System
- Flip-flop types, their Conversion and Applications
- Program for Decimal to Octal Conversion
- Program for Octal to Decimal Conversion
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Analog to Analog Conversion (Modulation)
- Digital to Analog Conversion
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 4)
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 9)
- Conversion of Epsilon-NFA to NFA
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Difference between Type Casting and Type Conversion
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.