Prerequisites: Constructors in C++
In C++, We can have more than one constructor in a class with same name, as long as each has a different list of arguments.This concept is known as Constructor Overloading and is quite similar to function overloading.
- Overloaded constructors essentially have the same name (name of the class) and different number of arguments.
- A constructor is called depending upon the number and type of arguments passed.
- While creating the object, arguments must be passed to let compiler know, which constructor needs to be called.
Related Articles :
- Destructors in C++
- quiz on constructors in C++
- Output of C++ programs | Set 26 (Constructors)
- Output of C++ programs | Set 27(Constructors and Destructors)
This article is contributed by I.HARISH KUMAR. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Rules for operator overloading
- Function overloading and return type
- Function overloading and const keyword
- Does overloading work with Inheritance?
- Function Overloading and float in C++
- Function Overloading in C++
- Operator Overloading in C++
- Overloading stream insertion (<>) operators in C++
- Overloading Subscript or array index operator  in C++
- C++ | Operator Overloading | Question 10
- Namespaces in C++ | Set 4 (Overloading, and Exchange of Data in different Namespaces)
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- Overloading New and Delete operator in c++
- C++ Program to concatenate two strings using Operator Overloading
- Operator overloading in C++ to print contents of vector, map, pair, ..
- Types of Operator Overloading in C++
- Increment (++) and Decrement (--) operator overloading in C++
- C++ program to compare two Strings using Operator Overloading
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- Count number of Unique Triangles using Operator overloading