Normally we hear he is a programmer, he is a developer and he is a hacker and he is a Computer scientist. But what is the difference between programmer, developer, hacker and a computer scientist? So In this article, I will try to distinguish between these words. Here I am giving a basic idea, I am not going in deep.
Computer scientists – A person who has deep knowledge of mathematics, machine level language(binary, assembly, etc.), data structures and algorithms and much more. The value of a computer scientist is undoubtedly at every industry level. The computer scientists can be found in big companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. Normally computer scientists focus on research like developing a new language or solving a big problem.
Programmers – A person who has knowledge of multiple programming language, data structures, and algorithms and has a vast knowledge of related areas. A programmer can solve problems by manipulating computer code. The value of programmers in the industry is high.
Developer – A developer is a trained programmer. They don’t just solve problems or create things but do so in accordance with a set of design and implementation principles. These include things like performance, maintainability, scale, robustness, and (ideally) security. For example a web developer, android developer, software developer, etc.
Hackers -A hacker has knowledge of computer networking, programming, cryptography, and databases. For hacking, there is no fixed syllabus that anyone can just read and become a hacker. Normally in an industry, Hackers works in an emergency scenario to save the data of company from hackers. A hacker finds a bug in the system a tells to developer or programmer in a company.
Thanks for reading this article.
- Types of Hackers
- How do I become a good Java programmer?
- How to be a Successful Freelance Programmer
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
- What happens when we turn on computer?
- Computer Animation
- What is Computer Crime?
- Computer Graphics | Antialiasing
- Do programmers need a Computer Science degree to get a job?
- How does fileless malware make its way to Computer
- Human - Computer interaction through the ages
- Introduction of Firewall in Computer Network
- What is the Importance of Mathematics in Computer Science?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet