Normally we hear he is a programmer, he is a developer and he is a hacker and he is a Computer scientist. But what is the difference between programmer, developer, hacker and a computer scientist? So In this article, I will try to distinguish between these words. Here I am giving a basic idea, I am not going in deep.
Computer scientists – A person who has deep knowledge of mathematics, machine level language(binary, assembly, etc.), data structures and algorithms and much more. The value of a computer scientist is undoubtedly at every industry level. The computer scientists can be found in big companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. Normally computer scientists focus on research like developing a new language or solving a big problem.
Programmers – A person who has knowledge of multiple programming language, data structures, and algorithms and has a vast knowledge of related areas. A programmer can solve problems by manipulating computer code. The value of programmers in the industry is high.
Developer – A developer is a trained programmer. They don’t just solve problems or create things but do so in accordance with a set of design and implementation principles. These include things like performance, maintainability, scale, robustness, and (ideally) security. For example a web developer, android developer, software developer, etc.
Hackers -A hacker has knowledge of computer networking, programming, cryptography, and databases. For hacking, there is no fixed syllabus that anyone can just read and become a hacker. Normally in an industry, Hackers works in an emergency scenario to save the data of company from hackers. A hacker finds a bug in the system a tells to developer or programmer in a company.
Thanks for reading this article.
- Types of Hackers
- How to be a Successful Freelance Programmer
- How do I become a good Java programmer?
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
- What is Computer Crime?
- Computer Animation
- What happens when we turn on computer?
- Computer Graphics | Antialiasing
- What is the Importance of Mathematics in Computer Science?
- Last Minute Notes Computer Organization
- Human - Computer interaction through the ages
- How does fileless malware make its way to Computer
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet