Prerequisite – MANET: Mobile Ad hoc Network
MANET stands for Mobile adhoc Network also called as wireless adhoc network or adhoc wireless network. They consist of set of mobile nodes connected wirelessly in a self configured, self healing network without having a fixed infrastructure. MANET nodes are free to move randomly as the network topology changes frequently.
Types of MANET –
- Vehicular Ad hoc Network (VANETs) –
Enable effective communication with another vehicle or with the roadside equipments.Intelligent vehicular ad hoc networks(InVANETs) deals with another vehicle or with the roadside euipments.
- Smart Phone Ad hoc Network (SPANC) –
To create peer-to-peer network without relying on cellular carrier networks, wireless access points or traditional network infrasture.Here peer can join or leave the network without destroying it.
- Internet based Mobile Ad hoc Network (iMANETs) –
It supports internet protocols such as TCP/UDP and IP. To link mobile nodes and establish routes distributed and automatically.
- Hub-Spoke MANET:
Multiple sub MANET’s may be connected in hub-spoke VPN to create a geographically destributed MANET. Normal Ad-hoc routing algorithm does not apply directly.
- Military or Tactical MANETs –
This is used by the military units. Emphasis on data rate, real time demand, fast re-routing during mobility, security, radio range, etc.
- Flying Ad hoc Network (FANETs) –
This is composed of unmanned aerial vehicle (commonly known as drone). Provides links to remote areas and mobility.
- Computer Network | Types of Network address translation (NAT)
- Computer Network | Types of switches
- Computer Network | Types of routing
- MANET: Mobile Ad hoc Network
- Computer Network | Types of Server Virtualization
- Computer Network | MIME Media Types
- Computer Network | Types of area networks - LAN, MAN and WAN
- Computer Network | Types of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Computer Network | Simple network management protocol (SNMP)
- Computer Network | Integrated services digital network (ISDN)
- Computer Network | Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Computer Network | Network address translation (NAT)
- Computer Network | Packet flow in different network
- Computer Network | Packet flow in the same network
- Computer Network | Network goals
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.