|Circuit Switching||Packet Switching|
|In circuit switching there are 3 phases
i) Connection Establishment.
ii) Data Transfer.
iii) Connection Released.
|In Packet switching directly data transfer takes place .|
|In circuit switching, each data unit know the entire path address which is provided by the source||In Packet switching, each data unit just know the final destination address intermediate path is decided by the routers.|
|In Circuit switching, data is processed at source system only||In Packet switching, data is processed at all intermediate node including source system.|
|Delay between data units in circuit switching is uniform.||Delay between data units in packet switching is not uniform.|
|Resource reservation is the feature of circuit switching because path is fixed for data transmission.||There is no resource reservation because bandwidth is shared among users.|
|Circuit switching is more reliable.||Packet switching is less reliable.|
|Wastage of resources are more in Circuit Switching||Less wastage of resources as compared to Circuit Switching|
|It is not a store and forward technique.||It is a store and forward technique.|
|Transmission of the data is done by the source||Transmission of the data is done not only by the source, but also by the intermediate routers|
|Congestion can occur during connection establishment time||Congestion can occur during data transfer phase|
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- Computer Network | Circuit Switching
- Computer Network | Packet Switching and Delays
- Computer Network | Switching techniques: Message switching
- Difference between Circuit switching and Message switching
- Computer Networks | Pipelining in Packet Switching
- Computer Network | Packet flow in the same network
- Computer Network | Packet flow in different network
- Computer Network | Simple network management protocol (SNMP)
- Computer Network | Integrated services digital network (ISDN)
- Computer Network | Types of Network address translation (NAT)
- Computer Network | Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Computer Network | Network address translation (NAT)
- Computer Network | Network goals
- Computer Network | Evolution of Network
- Computer Network | Network Simulator 3
Improved By : Palak Jain 5