|Circuit Switching||Packet Switching|
|In circuit switching there are 3 phases
i) Connection Establishment.
ii) Data Transfer.
iii) Connection Released.
|In Packet switching directly data transfer takes place .|
|In circuit switching, each data unit know the entire path address which is provided by the source||In Packet switching, each data unit just know the final destination address intermediate path is decided by the routers.|
|In Circuit switching, data is processed at source system only||In Packet switching, data is processed at all intermediate node including source system.|
|Delay between data units in circuit switching is uniform.||Delay between data units in packet switching is not uniform.|
|Resource reservation is the feature of circuit switching because path is fixed for data transmission.||There is no resource reservation because bandwidth is shared among users.|
|Circuit switching is more reliable.||Packet switching is less reliable.|
|Wastage of resources are more in Circuit Switching||Less wastage of resources as compared to Circuit Switching|
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Differences between Virtual Circuits & Datagram Networks
- Network Topologies | Computer Networks
- Commonly asked Computer Networks Interview Questions | Set 1
- Basics of Computer Networking
- Last Minute Notes – Computer Networks
- Computer Network | Types of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Computer Network | EIGRP Configuration
- Computer Network | Open shortest path first (OSPF) protocol States
- Computer Network | Open shortest path first (OSPF) protocol fundamentals
- Computer Network | EIGRP fundamentals