Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE) is a process that focuses on the design and development of computer-based systems with the use of reusable software components.
CBSE Framework Activities
Framework activities of Component Based Software Engineering are as follows:-
- Component Qualification:
This activity ensures that the system architecture define the requirements of the components for becoming a reusable component.Reusable components are generally identified through the traits in their interfaces. It means “the services that are given, and the means by which customers or consumers access these services ” are defined as a part of the component interface.
- Component Adaptation:
This activity ensures that the architecture defines the design conditions for all component and identifying their modes of connection. In some of the cases, existing reusable components may not be allowed to get used due to the architecture’s design rules and conditions. These components should adapt and meet the requirements of the architecture or refused and replaced by other, more suitable components.
- Component Composition:
This activity ensures that the Architectural style of the system integrates the software components and form a working system. By identifying connection and coordination mechanisms of the system, the architecture describes the composition of the end product.
- Component Update:
This activity ensures the updation of reusable components. Sometimes, updates are complicated due to inclusion of third party (the organization that developed the reusable component may be outside the immediate control of the software engineering organization accessing the component currently.).
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Component Based Diagram
- Component Based Model (CBM)
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Component Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
- Software Engineering | Responsibilities of Software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Software Engineering | Software Design Process
- Software Engineering | Changing Nature of Software
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Assurance
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.