Cloud compliance issues occur as any cloud consumer make use of cloud storage and backup services. Cloud computing by its very nature extents various jurisdictions. The laws of the country of request from where it originates many not necessarily match the laws of the country in which the request is being processed, and probably laws of neither location match the laws of the country in which the service is delivered. Compliance is beyond than a basically provided an unidentified service token to an identity so that access to a resource can be obtain. Compliance is a difficult issue which needs considerable expertise.
While Compliance as a Service (CaaS) seems in discussion, some examples which falls under service of this category exist as a general product for a cloud computing architecture. A Compliance as a Service (CaaS) application would need to oblige as a third party. CaaS may require to be architecture as its own layer of a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in order to be reliable. A CaaS may be needed to be able to manage cloud relationships, comprehend security rules and procedures, know how to operate data and administer privacy, deliver an incidence feedback, archive, and enable the system to be queried. This is a huge order, but CaaS has the capability to be a good value-added service.
CaaS system built inside a private cloud in which the data is under control of a single entity, thus confirming that the data is under that entity’s secure control and that transaction is audited. Indeed, major cloud computing compliance systems have been created with the help of private cloud. A well-implemented CaaS service may measure the risk of servicing compliance and ensure or indemnify tenancy against that risk. CaaS can be brought to bear as mechanism to guarantee that an e-mail conformed to particular standards, anything which may be new electronic service of a network of national postal system and something which may help in ending the scourge of spam.
The major services that should provided additionally in a Compliance as a Service (CaaS) offering:
- Database access control
- Separation of duties
- Annual risk assessment
- Application management
- Change control
- Data discovery
- Data masking
- Incident response
- Policy creation and enforcement
- Real-time data protection
- Repair of vulnerabilities
- Personnel training
- Service configuration
Advantages of Compliance as a Service (CaaS) –
- In cloud, Encryption is quite arduous to track which is simplified by the Compliance as a Service. To fulfill the needs of end user and organizations around governance including compliance, they use a cloud provider’s service. These services deliver pre-built behaviors with specific regulations, such as needed encryption levels.
- Compliance as a Services are configurable i.e. no development is required. This is cost effective for the organizations and it reduce the maintenance along with changing regulations, as well as internal and external policies of the corporations.
Disadvantages of Compliance as a Service (CaaS) –
- Cloud service consumers will be held responsible for any issues with the compliance services. Its mandatory that customer validate the compliance services to ensure that there are no issues.
- It is impossible to Compliance as a Service providers to support all the regulations among all the countries. Also, as all the services are cloud based then there is always a risk that providers will stop to providing the services at any time because of low uses of their services. So, end-user and organization become dependent on service providers. Overall these are some critical aspects which falls under drawbacks of CaaS.
- Service level agreements in Cloud computing
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure | A cloud computing service
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS) as a cloud Based service
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- Issues in Cloud Computing
- Anatomy of Cloud Computing
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Could Computing | Service classes and system codes of conduct in IDaaS
- Cyber Security in Cloud computing
- Complementary Relationship Between Cloud Computing and IOT
- Load balancing in Cloud Computing
- Virtualization In Cloud Computing and Types
- Energy Efficiency in Cloud Computing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.