1. Ease Of Use
Dart is a fairly new language for most of the developers outside of Google. Although Google has put a lot of effort into documenting the Dart programming language, it’s still hard for developers to find solutions for specific problems. In terms of coding style and syntax, it has Java-like syntax, so developers from OOPS background can master and use Dart easily once they learn the basics.
Because of its popularity, the JS ecosystem is massive and now, with the advent of cloud component hubs, it even dominates the reusable components “market”. Front-end developers will want to see an alternative to that.
Dart can be compiled both AOT and JIT which helps building apps in several ways as using JIT compilation can speed up development and AOT compilation can be used during the release process for better optimization. This technique has been used in Flutter app development
4. Web vs mobile
5. Enterprise Usage
The birthplace of Dart was Google. Hence it was extensively used internally at first. And then after the introduction of Flutter, big names such as Alibaba adopted Flutter and Dart to develop their cross-platform applications.
6. Support Typing
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Ample amount of learning material can be found
- Although JS has a huge set of libraries, there are ample libraries that are of poor quality and maintenance.
- Errors found only during run time.
- Backed by a large company — Google
- Typesafe and compiled with JIT and AOT.
- Backbone of Flutter
- Relatively faster in certain instances
- Relatively new to programmers
- Dart - Super and This keyword
- Dart - Classes And Objects
- Dart - Loop Control Statements (Break and Continue)
- Instance and class methods in Dart
- Getter and Setter Methods in Dart
- Dart - Finding Minimum and Maximum Value in a List
- Dart - Const And Final Keyword
- HTML Document Object Model and Dart Programming
- Variables and Keywords in Dart
- What is Lexical scope and lexical closures in Dart
- Dart - Getters and Setters
- Difference Between DART and C++
- Difference between C and Dart
- Dart - Dates and Times
- Upload and Retrieve Images on MongoDB using Dart in Flutter
- Difference Between Golang and Dart
- Comparison - Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Systems
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.