It is a standard ITU-T standard protocol.It consists of PSE packet switching exchange nodes.X.25 model is based on traditional telephony concept.
Frame Relay :
It is a packet switching telecommunication used for efficient data transfer which speeds up the transmission.It is used to connect LAN with public wide area networks.
Difference between of Frame Relay and X.25 :
|It has informal data rate||It has fixed data rate|
|It performs Multiplexing and switching at data link layer||It performs Multiplexing and switching at network layer|
|Frame Relay does not support Hop-to-Hop error and flow control.||It performs Hop-to-Hop error and flow control at data link layer.
|It does not support End-to-End flow and error control.||It performs End-to-End flow and error control at network layer|
|Congestion control is required in frame relay.||Congestion control is not required in X.25.|
|Call control signaling requires seperate logical connection from user data.||X.25 uses same data for call control signaling.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Frame Relay and ATM
- DHCP Relay Agent in Computer Network
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
- Difference between Inter and Intra Frame Compression
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Comparison between Bluejacking and Bluesnarfing
- Comparison between Adjacency List and Adjacency Matrix representation of Graph
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- Comparison between ADSL vs VDSL
- Comparison between OSPFv2 vs OSPFv3
- Programming vs Coding - A Short Comparison Between Both
- Comparison - Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Systems
- Ethernet Frame Format
- Token Ring frame format
- IEEE 802.11 Mac Frame
- Basic Frame Structure of HDLC
- Basic Frame Structure of SDLC
- Link Access Procedure Balanced (LAPB) Frame Types
- Link Access Procedure, Balanced (LAPB) Frame Format
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.