Comparison between MongoDB vs. Cassandra
In this article we will discuss about similarities and differences between MongoDB and Cassandra.
1. MongoDB :
MongoDB is a cross-platform document-oriented database program. It is an open-source document database, which stores the data in the form of key-value pairs.
2. Cassandra :
Cassandra is a free and open-source, distributed, wide column store, NoSQL database management system. Which is used to handle large amounts of data.
Supported Languages : Java
- MongoDB and Cassandra used TCP/IP Protocol to transfer/receive the data through a network.
- Locks are available in Both.
- Both will support Linux OS, Mac – OS and Windows
- Both will store the data in disc.
- MongoDB and Cassandra are open sourced(Freely available to all)
- Both are scalable
Difference between MongoDB and Cassandra : Cassandra MongoDB