1. Bluejacking :
Bluejacking is used for sending unauthorized messages to another Bluetooth device. Bluetooth is a high-speed but very short-range wireless technology for exchanging data between desktop and mobile computers and other devices.
2. Bluesnarfing :
Bluesnarfing, on the other hand is the act of illegally stealing information from a device connected to Bluetooth connection.
Comparison between Bluejacking and Bluesnarfing :
|1.||Description||Bluejacing is a technology based n bluetooth that is used to send anonymous messages between 2 devices which are connected by bluetooth.||Bluesnarfing is hacking someone’s information illegally from a bluetooth connected device through Bluetooth.|
|2.||Person involved||The person who bluejacks is called a Bluejacker.||The person who bluesnarfs is called a Bluesnarfer.|
|3.||Carrier||It requires no carrier.||It requires no carrier.|
|4.||Use||It is used to send anonymous messages to devices which have an active Bluetooth connection.||It is used to steal information from Bluetooth activated devices.|
|5.||Legality||Bluejacking is not illegal as it does not involve theft.||Bluesnarfing is illegal.|
|6.||Cost to user||The user does not incur any cost while bluejacking.||The user incurs no cost while bluesnarfing.|
|7.||Information flow||The information is sent by the Bluejacker.||The information is received by the Bluesnarfer.|
|8.||Traceability||Tracing of Bluejacker is very difficult.||Tracing of Bluesnarfer is also very difficult.|
|9.||Use of bluetooth||Active Bluetooth is necessary in both the Bluejacker’s device and the victim’s device.||Active Bluetooth is necessary in both the Bluesnarfer’s device and the victim’s device.|
|10.||Prevention||Switching off Bluetooth when not required.||Switching off Bluetooth when not required.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Comparison Networks
- Comparison between ADSL vs VDSL
- Comparison between OSPFv2 vs OSPFv3
- Comparison between X.25 and Frame Relay
- Comparison of 8051 with its other family members
- Comparison of Python with Other Programming Languages
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- Comparison - Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Systems
- Comparison between Adjacency List and Adjacency Matrix representation of Graph
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Difference between Conservative and Rigorous 2-PL
- Difference between MySQL and mSQL
- Spanning Tree Topology (STP) Convergence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.