What is Object Oriented Programming?
Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is a programming paradigm where the complete software operates as a bunch of objects talking to each other. An object is a collection of data and methods that operate on its data.
The main advantage of OOP is better manageable code that covers following.
1) The overall understanding of the software is increased as the distance between the language spoken by developers and that spoken by users.
2) Object orientation eases maintenance by the use of encapsulation. One can easily change the underlying representation by keeping the methods same.
OOP paradigm is mainly useful for relatively big software.
What are main features of OOP?
What is encapsulation?
Encapsulation is referred to one of the following two notions.
1) Data hiding: A language feature to restrict access to members of an object. For example, private and protected members in C++.
2) Bundling of data and methods together: Data and methods that operate on that data are bundled together.
What is Polymorphism? How is it supported by C++?
Polymorphism means that some code or operations or objects behave differently in different contexts. In C++, following features support polymorphism.
Compile Time Polymorphism: Compile time polymorphism means compiler knows which function should be called when a polymorphic call is made. C++ supports compiler time polymorphism by supporting features like templates, function overloading and default arguments.
Run Time Polymorphism: Run time polymorphism is supported by virtual functions. The idea is, virtual functions are called according to the type of object pointed or referred, not according to the type of pointer or reference. In other words, virtual functions are resolved late, at runtime.
What is Inheritance? What is the purpose?
The idea of inheritance is simple, a class is based on another class and uses data and implementation of the other class.
The purpose of inheritance is Code Reuse.
What is Abstraction?
The first thing with which one is confronted when writing programs is the problem. Typically we are confronted with “real-life” problems and we want to make life easier by providing a program for the problem. However, real-life problems are nebulous and the first thing we have to do is to try to understand the problem to separate necessary from unnecessary details: We try to obtain our own abstract view, or model, of the problem. This process of modeling is called abstraction.
You may like to see following:
Commonly Asked C Programming Interview Questions | Set 1
Commonly Asked C Programming Interview Questions | Set 2
Amazon’s most asked interview questions
Microsoft’s most asked interview questions
Accenture’s most asked Interview Questions
Commonly Asked OOP Interview Questions
Commonly Asked C++ Interview Questions
Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 1
Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 2
Commonly Asked Operating Systems Interview Questions | Set 1
Commonly Asked Data Structure Interview Questions.
Commonly Asked Algorithm Interview Questions
Commonly asked Computer Networks Interview Questions
Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions
We will soon be covering more OOP Questions. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Commonly Asked C++ Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly Asked C++ Interview Questions | Set 2
- Commonly Asked C Programming Interview Questions | Set 3
- Commonly Asked Algorithm Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly Asked C Programming Interview Questions | Set 2
- Commonly Asked C Programming Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly Asked Java Programming Interview Questions | Set 2
- Commonly Asked Data Structure Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly Asked Questions in Goldman Sachs Interviews
- Amazon’s most frequently asked interview questions | Set 2
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding Placements
- MAQ Software most Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Most asked Questions from Java Programmers
- Frequently asked questions for Java Developer Position from a fresher
- TCS Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
- Top 25 Interview Questions
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions | Set 2
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions
Improved By : IshaanKanwar