Command Prompt Hacks for Windows
Command prompt in Windows is equivalent to the terminal in Linux and Bash in MacOS. But Windows command prompt comes with a wide range of customizable features.
Talking about the command prompt, let’s check out some interesting Tricks you can do in Command prompt.
1. Encrypting the files using CMD :
It is the most useful command to encrypt or decrypt the folders or files without using any third-party apps
- Search for CMD in windows search (windows key + S).
- And open CMD. Just type ” Cipher /E” then hit on enter this will encrypt all the files in the current directory.
- To decrypt type “Cipher /D”.
2. Customizing the CMD:
- Open CMD then Right click on the Title bar click on Properties
- Then choose the Colors select Screen Text select any color
- Then click on OK.
3. Change the font style :
- Open CMD then right-click on the title bar.
- Choose the Fonts there you can select any of the font styles.
4. Change the prompt text in CMD:
- Launch CMD then type “Prompt “+<Text you wanna See> hit enter.
5. Change the Title of CMD:
- Launch CMD type Title +<name you wanna see there > then hit enter.
6. Watch StarWars in CMD:
- First, make sure that you have enabled Telnet Client.
- Search for Turn Windows Features On or Off in windows search.
- Click OK.
- Launch Command Prompt, and type “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl”, and hit Enter.
- To get out of it click ctrl+c
7. Check the pc battery Details in CMD:
- Launch CMD make sure runs as Admin in case it doesn’t work.
- The command is Powercgf battery report.
- This generates your pc battery report in the form of an HTML file.
- To see that just copy-paste the path is shown and hit enter in CMD.
8. Check Command prompt History:
- The command is Doskey /history.