Given an array of positive integers arr and a sum x, find all unique combinations in arr where the sum is equal to x. The same repeated number may be chosen from arr unlimited number of times. Elements in a combination (a1, a2, …, ak) must be printed in non-descending order. (ie, a1 <= a2 <= … <= ak).
The combinations themselves must be sorted in ascending order, i.e., the combination with smallest first element should be printed first. If there is no combination possible the print "Empty" (without quotes).
Input : arr = 2, 4, 6, 8 x = 8 Output : [2, 2, 2, 2] [2, 2, 4] [2, 6] [4, 4] 
Since the problem is to get all the possible results, not the best or the number of result, thus we don’t need to consider DP(dynamic programming), recursion is needed to handle it.
We should use the following algorithm.
1. Sort the array(non-decreasing). 2. First remove all the duplicates from array. 3. Then use recursion and backtracking to solve the problem. (A) If at any time sub-problem sum == 0 then add that array to the result (vector of vectors). (B) Else if sum if negative then ignore that sub-problem. (C) Else insert the present array in that index to the current vector and call the function with sum = sum-ar[index] and index = index, then pop that element from current index (backtrack) and call the function with sum = sum and index = index+1
Below is C++ implementation of above steps.
( 2 2 2 2 ) ( 2 2 4 ) ( 2 6 ) ( 4 4 ) ( 8 )
This article is contributed by Aditya Nihal Kumar Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find the good permutation of first N natural numbers
- Amazon Internship Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE1
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Find the numbers of strings that can be formed after processing Q queries
- Number of ways in which the substring in range [L, R] can be formed using characters out of the range
- Program to find the kth character after decrypting a string
- Programs for printing pyramid patterns using recursion
- Perform K of Q queries to maximize the sum of the array elements
- Number of ways of scoring R runs in B balls with at most W wickets
- Adobe interview experience (7 years experienced)
- Amazon Interview | (On-Campus For Internship)
- Amazon Interview Experience (Pool campus-2019)
- Check if the given binary tree has a sub-tree with equal no of 1's and 0's | Set 2