Color is everywhere but did you ever get the nostalgic feeling while visiting various websites. So, while surfing through the internet you may have not noticed the reason why you feel this way, let us discuss then. Color psychology is the study of colors, and those colors are said to have an unconscious effect on human behavior in terms of daily life actions, such as buying any product or judging a material, it’s attractiveness, trust, worth, and many other qualities. Yes, that’s why different colors are said to have different meanings related to them in many senses, and also color psychology may differ in the terms of gender, locality, and various factors. it has a huge impact in day to day life reactions on consumers visiting our site.
Color psychology importance in front-end design: Besides the correct code and algorithm, choosing the right website color scheme is what makes it memorable, trustworthy, attractive, and profitable. The first impression is everything. A typical dynamic website consists of the navigation bar, logo, text, buttons, drop-downs, search-bar, etc. so while creating a website and their essentials we must definitely consider right colors to be added because this directly indicates a subliminal message to the visitors, understanding the topic and functionality of the website. this decides what type of content you are providing to visitors.
Color psychology is also widely used in marketing and branding. Marketers see color as an important method, as color can influence consumers’ emotions and perceptions about goods and services. Besides, that beautiful Logos for companies are important since the logos can attract more customers.
There are few steps that are needed for selecting right colors:
- Find one mainly used color for your site: Select a primary color which mostly applies all throughout your website like same color for buttons and borders.In most cases it can be a dark color or chosen hex value from color scheme. this also depicts the brand color and logo color for your enterprise. some of the helpful sites can be Adobe color, ColorSpace etc.
- Choose other secondary colors: After you have selected a primary color then move on selecting minimum three combination color which can be applied based on the scheme known as “60-30-10 rule” means 60-30-10 Rule is to choose a primary color that dominates 60% of the area, a secondary color to compromise about 30% of the visual field, and a color that provides a 10% color pop.
- Use other colors when needed: Use different colors to visually separate headings, sidebars, captions, buttons, and other elements that increase the conversion rate and improves the user experience.
- Recheck the process several times: Rechecking is important because it reveals any weak insights during choosing colors such as whether they match each other and give the best contrast out of them.
Example: Now here comes the examples that help you understand why color scheming plays a major role, The biggest tech giants like Facebook, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, yahoo uses the same colors as their primary color and secondary color over and over throughout every corner of the webpage from logo to buttons.
Google uses the same multi-color on all of its products, Facebook uses blue color as their primary color, yahoo uses purple because it makes sense and also our beloved most visited learning portal geeksforgeeks.org follows the same pattern such as using the main primary colors like green, black and white throughout the site.
- Angular vs ReactJS : Which one is Most In-Demand Frontend Development Framework in 2019?
- 10 Best CSS Frameworks For Frontend Developers in 2020
- Frontend vs Backend
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value using onclick?
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value on click?
- Begin Web Development with a Head Start
- My minified journey with Web Development!
- Steps in Rapid Application Development (RAD) model
- Introduction to Xamarin | A Software for Mobile App Development and App Creation
- ReactJS | Setting up Development Environment
- Introduction to Web Development and the Holy Trinity of it
- HTML5 Game Development | Infinitely Scrolling Background
- Introduction to Postman for API Development
- Two most misunderstood terms GET and POST in web development
- Android & iOS App development using React Native with Expo
- What is full stack development ?
- What is the difference between Front-End and Back-End Web Development?
- Best Books to Learn Front-End Web Development
- Best Books to Learn Back-End Web Development
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.