Collectors groupingBy() method in Java with Examples
The groupingBy() method of Collectors class in Java are used for grouping objects by some property and storing results in a Map instance. In order to use it, we always need to specify a property by which the grouping would be performed. This method provides similar functionality to SQL’s GROUP BY clause.
public static Collector<T, ?, Map<K, List>> groupingBy(Function classifier)
Type Parameter: This method takes two type parameters:
- T- It is the type of the input elements.
- K- It is the type the input elements to be converted.
Parameters: This method accepts two mandatory parameters:
- Function- It is the property which is to be applied to the input elements.
- Classifier- It is used to map input elements into the destination map.
Return value: It returns a collector as a map.
Below is the program implementation of groupingBy() method:
Map<String, Long> result
Feeling lost in the vast world of Backend Development? It's time for a change! Join our Java Backend Development - Live Course
and embark on an exciting journey to master backend development efficiently and on schedule.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Course
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 100,000+ Successful Geeks