A collapsible pane, as the name suggests, is a pane which can be collapsed. User can expand pane so that they can perform some task and when task is completed, pane can be collapsed.
In Tkinter, Collapsible pane is a container with an embedded button-like control which is used to expand or collapse this container.
Frame Class Checkbutton Class Styling in widgets configure() method
CollapsiblePane class –
CollapsiblePane widget is used to store any other widgets inside of it. It can be toggled on or off, so widgets inside of it aren’t always shown.
parent =The parent of the widget.
expanded_text =The text shown on the Button when the pane is open.
collapsed_text =The text shown on the Button when the pane is closed.
_activate() =Checks the value of variable and shows or hides the Frame.
toggle() =Switches the LabelFrame to the opposite state.
self_button =The Button that toggles the Frame.
frame =The Frame that holds the widget.
_separator =The Separator.
Program to demonstrate use of CollapsiblePane –
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Creating a button in tkinter
- iconphoto() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | askopenfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | asksaveasfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | Binding function in Tkinter
- Python | place() method in Tkinter
- minsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Loan calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Add style to tkinter button
- Python | pack() method in Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.