A collapsible pane, as the name suggests, is a pane which can be collapsed. User can expand pane so that they can perform some task and when task is completed, pane can be collapsed.
In Tkinter, Collapsible pane is a container with an embedded button-like control which is used to expand or collapse this container.
Frame Class Checkbutton Class Styling in widgets configure() method
CollapsiblePane class –
CollapsiblePane widget is used to store any other widgets inside of it. It can be toggled on or off, so widgets inside of it aren’t always shown.
parent =The parent of the widget.
expanded_text =The text shown on the Button when the pane is open.
collapsed_text =The text shown on the Button when the pane is closed.
_activate() =Checks the value of variable and shows or hides the Frame.
toggle() =Switches the LabelFrame to the opposite state.
self_button =The Button that toggles the Frame.
frame =The Frame that holds the widget.
_separator =The Separator.
Program to demonstrate use of CollapsiblePane –
- Python GUI - tkinter
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- Python | Add image on a Tkinter button
- iconphoto() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | askopenfile() function in Tkinter
- destroy() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Binding function in Tkinter
- Python | Loan calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python | asksaveasfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | geometry method in Tkinter
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet