While operating dataframes in Pandas, we might encounter a situation to collapse the columns. Let it be
cumulated data of multiple columns or collapse based on some other requirement. Let’s see how to collapse multiple columns in Pandas.
Following steps are to be followed to collapse multiple columns in Pandas:
Step #1: Load numpy and Pandas.
Step #2: Create random data and use them to create a pandas dataframe.
Step #3: Convert multiple lists into a single data frame, by creating a dictionary for each list with a name.
Step #4: Then use Pandas dataframe into dict. A data frame with columns of data and column for names is ready.
Step #5: Specify which columns are to be collapsed. That can be done by specifying the mapping as a dictionary, where the keys are the names of columns to be combined or collapsed and the values are the names of the resulting column.
- How to drop one or multiple columns in Pandas Dataframe
- How to select multiple columns in a pandas dataframe
- Combining multiple columns in Pandas groupby with dictionary
- How to rename columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.columns
- Difference of two columns in Pandas dataframe
- Getting frequency counts of a columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Conditional operation on Pandas DataFrame columns
- Iterating over rows and columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Dealing with Rows and Columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Change Data Type for one or more columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Join two text columns into a single column in Pandas
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Using dictionary to remap values in Pandas DataFrame columns
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.