Cognizant SDE Sheet: Interview Questions and Answers
Cognizant is an American multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in new jersey, US. It has broadly two units. The vertical units focus on specific industries. This sheet will assist you to land a job at cognizant, we have compiled all the interview questions and answers.
The horizontals focus on specific technologies or services such as Analytics, mobile computing, BPO, and Testing. It outsources services for industries including banking, health care, manufacturing, media, and entertainment. As of 2021, it is ranked 185 in the fortune 500.
Cognizant’s recruitment process involves 3 rounds following registration:
- Written Round: It tests general aptitude and verbal ability.
- Quantitative Aptitude ( 25 questions for 35 minutes): This section contains questions from Basic Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Engineering Mathematics
- Verbal Ability (20 questions for 20 minutes): This section contains questions based on Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonym, Contextual Vocabulary), Grammar (Error Identification, Sentence Improvement, and Construction), and Comprehension Reading.
- Logical Ability ( 35 questions for 45 minutes): This section contains questions based on topics like Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Objective Reasoning, Data Arrangement, Coding Pattern Recognition, and Number Series Pattern Recognition.
- Technical Round: To clear this round you should have clear concepts of Data structures and Algorithms, DBMS, Operating systems, Networking, and OOPs, and have to command over a programming language of your choice. This round may involve puzzles as well.
- HR Round: The conventional HR questions are asked in this final round.
Cognizant Interview Preparation Roadmap
Why this sheet?
Young talents from across India in quest of a brilliant career find great opportunities and global exposure at cognizant, because of its top-tier clients in almost every industry. We have prepared this sheet just for those, who are trying to grab these opportunities at cognizant. This sheet covers most of the important questions and answers that pop up in cognizant technical interviews. The questions in this sheet are grouped topic-wise covering all major DSA topics with the practice link.
The Written round consists of two major sections namely the General Aptitude Test and the Verbal Ability Test. General Aptitude Test, has mathematical reasoning part and logical reasoning part, and a verbal ability Test.
Aptitude & Reasoning Ability:
Hence, aptitude is no such thing to be afraid of during the placement process but yes it should be paid attention to because it is the screening test and if you don’t get through this then you will be out of the placement process. So here we have 6 sets to practice your aptitude skills.
To check your proficiency in English, they will check your grammar knowledge, for that, we have prepared 5 sets of English Reading Comprehension for that.
Logical ability is a non-verbal assessment that specifically tests your ability to analyse concepts and problems expressed in the form of images, diagrams, etc. We have reasoning problems based on several topics to help you better for the assessment round.
In the Coding section of Cognizant, they asked questions about the below-mentioned topics.
Array: An array is a collection of items stored at contiguous memory locations. The idea is to store multiple items of the same type together.
String: Strings are defined as an array of characters. The difference between a character array and a string is the string is terminated with a special character ‘\0’.
Searching and Sorting:
- Searching Algorithms are designed to check for an element or retrieve an element from any data structure where it is stored
- Sorting Algorithms are used to rearrange a given array or list of elements according to a comparison operator on the elements. The comparison operator is used to decide the new order of elements in the respective data structure.
Number Series: While a sequence is a list of items arranged in a sequential way following a particular relation, a series is the cumulative sum of a given sequence of terms.
Conversions: This involves questions asking to convert a given number from one number system to an equivalent number in another number system.
|Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion||Solve|
|Convert a binary number to octal||Solve|
|Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion||Solve|
|Program to convert a given number to words||Solve|
Puzzles are one of the ways to check your problem-solving skills. These are tricky questions that let you think logically. Try to solve these 20 most popular puzzles asked in Interviews