Cognizant Interview Experience(On Campus for batch 2020)
Round 1:This round comprised of an online test on AMCAT. Sections included quants, verbal, automata fix. Automata fix had questions regarding – finding the exponential of a number, pattern, tree, finding the syntax error(in my case a statement having nested ternary operators). This test was under supervision through webcams.
Round 2:The second round was a technical round where 592 students were selected out of 1600(approx). The technical questions varied from easy to medium level. There were 35 panels and the time for interview ranged from 15 to 40 mins. The questions asked to me were:
- Write a program to check for palindrome string. I used the logic of reversing a string and then checking for equality with the original string but the interviewer told me to use this logic- /https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/java-program-to-check-whether-a-string-is-a-palindrome/
- Asked my cgpa
- My favourite subject to which I answered DBMS. He then asked me to draw an Employee table and explain how 1st normalization to BCNF has to applied on the table.
- About the subjects in my curriculum and in the previous semester.
- What is waterfall?
- Difference between Distributed and realtime OS.
- A few non technical questions like why I received a scholarship, what is my fathers name, from which place I belong?
- Then he asked me if I had any questions for him.
After waiting for about an hour the results were declared as to who all qualified for the 3rd round. The questions:
- What do you do in your free time?
- Asked about my project. How it is different from other similiar applications. Where and how they can be applied in real life.
- When I see a new emerging technology, how I research about it? Explain her one technology I have recently researched about.
- Tell about your family.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you comfortable with night shifts?
Then she handed me a paper and told me to read it properly and then sign it.
Our results were out soon and I got placed. 🙂
Wish the same for you!