Cognizant Interview Experience for Programmer
Round 1(Aptitude): Difficulty Level-Moderate
- It’s a written round with 50 MCQ.
- There were two parts General Aptitude and Verbal English.
- I would like to tell you that, you can practice aptitude from many online aptitude websites. Example: indiabix. Or you can follow any Arihant reasoning books.
- For the verbal part, please understand the basic English grammatical rules, and followed by daily English newspaper reading will be beneficial.
Round 2(Technical): The interviewer takes out my resume and asked questions about whatever I have written on it.
- What is DBMS?
- What is RDBMS?
- Difference between them? Explain with an example.
- What is a pointer? Example.
- What * denotes in int *p;?
- Write the logic of Bubble Sort?
- Write the logic to find the length of a string without using the string function?
- What is a server?
- What is multiple hosting?
- Asked some SQL query?
- How does a java program run?
- Use examples while explaining any topic but don’t use unnecessary examples which you are not confident.
- In my case, I am able to tell only 8 questions correctly. But the rest questions I tried. Never say no directly, try to tell something and ask it’s correct or not. If it is not correct then escape.
Round 3(HR): She asked me the below questions.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Tell 5min on Demonetisation?
- Rate yourself out of 10, Your confidence?
- Do you have any location problems?
- If you got the job what you will do and if not, then what you will do?
- In this round, my newspaper reading helps me a lot.
- Try to be practical here. As I answered the last question,
- If I will get the job, first I celebrate with my family and then I will start to revise C, SQL, Java, and DS.
- If I will not get the job, the next day onwards I will search for another job.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.