Cognizant Interview Experience for Programmer Analyst Trainee
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Profile: Programmer analyst trainee
Interview Date: 31 October 2020
After clearing the written test which was held on AMCAT consisting of a total of 4 sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- Automata(debugging code)
I along with some 600 students out of 1900 from our Campus got the interview invitation mail. This Amcat exam was sponsored by our College T & P cell so almost everyone attended the exam.
My interview was scheduled at 11 am it was a virtual interview due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The interview started at 11:05 am the first interviewer introduce himself and told about him then he asked me
- Introduce Yourself
- What internships and projects I have done
- More details about the internship
- Project details the mini-project and final year project
- Some basics concepts of ECE as I was from ECE branch
- What are communication and types?
- What are modulation and types?
- Which programming languages you know and rate your knowledge out of 5 in that language
- Then some basic OOP concepts inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction
- What is a virtual function?
- What is a dangling pointer?
- What is data science (as the course was mentioned in my resume)
- Which python libraries you know and you worked on
- What is the difference between c++ and java?
- The difference between call by value and call by reference to explain with syntax
- Write a code to find factorial of a number
Some HR questions:
- Ready to relocate
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you like to go out with your friends on weekends, etc
The interview lasted for 55 minutes
Then I was waiting for results after the interviews
The result came after 24 days as it was a virtual interview they had recorded interview they do an audit of the interviews
Then finally after a long wait On 24 November our TPO sent a list regarding the interview results.
Out of 625 students, 300 were selected.
I was Selected :’)
Thanks for your patience as it was a long story. Pardon my grammatical errors.