Cognizant Interview Experience for GenC (On-Campus)
Cognizant is hiring this year through an on-campus drive for selected colleges, this year due to COVID the hiring process is online. According to a report, they will be hiring 23000 fresher graduates from India, and they cognizant are providing two offers, one is cognizant GenC profile and another is GenC Next.
Round 1: Round1 is an Aptitude round that is on the AMCAT platform. This round consists of four sections namely.
- Quantitative (24 questions 35 minutes)
- Logical (25 questions 35 minutes)
- Automata Fix(7 questions 20 minutes)
- Essay question for 15 minutes.
Round 2: If are among the top scorer in the Aptitude you will be eligible for the GenC Next, or you will be getting mail for GenC role. I was selected for GenC role Interview.
The interview was scheduled on the AMCAT Platform. In an interview there are also three sections like first they will ask you questions regarding your academics i.e Technical Questions, they are given some Aptitude questions for solving, and then HR questions. These rounds are combined into one interview for about 40 minutes.
The interviewer is on time, and he told me his name and told me that he is going to take first TR, then Aptitude, and the HR.
He started to tell me Something about you and what languages I am comfortable with. Being an electronics student I answered with C, Python, and Verilog. The following questions were asked:
- What is OOPS?
- What do you know about OOPS?
- Difference between Abstraction and inheritance in oops?
- Explain Data structures?
- What are the linked list and its types?
- Why we use a doubly-linked list?
- What do you know about IoT protocols?
- Question from the project? (my project was on python image processing, so he asked about it in depth)
He wrote 2 code questions in the chatbox and asked about the output for the same they were from the call by reference and value part.
Then he asked me 2 questions from the aptitude section.
- The first question was from probability a very easy one and the other from average a quite tricky one. I answered the question correctly.
After this, he asked me some HR questions as follows:
- Recently faced difficult situations and how you handled that?
- Future Plans?
- Any questions for me and Done?
Note: I gave an interview on 12/11/2020 and still waiting for the result. So have the patience for results.
The interview is easy you just need to know about the basics of new technologies, your project, and about cognizant. I hope you liked the experience if you like it doesn’t forget to comment.
Thanks for reading.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.