Cognizant GenC Next Interview Experience 2022
Round 1: Resume shortlisting from Superset portal
Round 2: Skill assessment
Total 5 modules
First, 2 modules :
- MCQ related to java, HTML, SQL, and the basics of programming each was having 15 and 10 questions.
3rd and 4th Module:
There were 4 programming questions.
- Level: hard and intermediate
- Time 50 min for each module
2 SQL queries were given
- Level: intermediate to high
Round 3: Technical round
I had my genc Next interview for the Advanced Java Developer profile.
- Introduce yourself
- What is your core skill(I said java)
- What do you know about java
- What is oops concept
- How to achieve multiple inheritances in java
- Difference between interface and abstraction
- What are method overloading and method overriding?
- Super keyword
- exception handling in java
- Throw throws keywords
- Finally, block
- This keyword
- What is a wrapper class
- what is the collection in java
- What’s the latest java framework
- What do you know about SQL?
- What are Dml DDL command’s
- Constraints in SQL
- What is a subquery
- Then they gave me one problem statement and asked me to write a query.
- Check Armstrong number
- Simple addition program and then they asked me to do some modifications using functions and inheritance.
- Memory management in java and cpp
- What is serialization
- What is a deadlock in java
I was lucky because my interviewer didn’t ask about the project but lots of students were asked about the project and half of their interviews were based on their project.