Cognizant GenC Interview Experience
Round 1(Aptitude+ Essay+ Automata Fix): The first round was held on AMCAT platform where there were 4 sections as follows:
- Quants: 24 questions- 35 minutes. The difficulty level was medium.
- Logical Reasoning – 25 questions- 35 minutes- Medium difficulty level
- Essay Writing (word limit 200 words) [30 minutes] – I got the topic where I had to write about a friend with whom I have lost touch. I had to write about the person, the reasons why we lost contact, and if I wish to reconnect with him/her again in the future.
- Automata Fix- 7 questions for 20 minutes – In this round, we had to choose a particular language among C, C++, and Java, and all the debugging questions would be from that language. There were two questions where the function had to be completed and for the rest of them, we needed to correct the syntactical or logical error from the given piece of code. The difficulty level was moderate. The time provided was a major factor in this round.
Round 2(TR+HR): This round was conducted on the AMCAT Smart meet Platform. The total duration was 30 minutes. The interviewer asked for my CV.
The following questions were asked.
- Introduce yourself.
- 6 aptitude questions from Mixtures and allegations, Ratio and Proportion and Speed, distance and time.
Questions from the core like:
- What is a repeater?
- What is Flip-flop?
- What is the Diode?
- What is a transistor?
- What is Accumulator?
- 8086 Architecture.
Areas of Interest:
- What is OOP?
- 4 pillars of OOP.
- Collections in Java
- What are pointers in C?
- What is an Array?
- Difference between Array and Linked List
- Binary Search Algorithm
- What is ML?
- Name some ML Algorithms
- Tell me something interesting you have done during the engineering
- The difficult situation in your life.
- Ready for relocation
- Preferred shifts.
Everything was asked from the resume and based on my introduction. There were no questions based on the projects.