Cognizant GenC Interview Experience (On-Campus)
I would like to share my Cognizant GenC Elevate interview experience:
- Firstly we were asked to apply for the profile through Superset. After few days, an online test was scheduled. The online test was conducted on the Mettl platform. It consisted of 5 sections:-
- Section 1 to 4: 20 questions in each section on various topics like OOPs, DSA, DBMS, pseudocodes, software engineering and testing, OS, CN, etc.
- Section 5: Total 4 programming questions that were of hard difficulty level.
- After a few days list of shortlisted candidates was released for interview rounds and I was one of them. My technical interview was scheduled for 10th September 21.
Round 1: Technical interview
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- The interviewer arrived. Only 2 persons, I and the interviewer were present in the call. He introduced himself and asked for my introduction as well. Then he moved on to some questions.
- Asked about one of my projects. Explained to him thoroughly. He was satisfied with my answer.
- Asked about OOPs concepts like polymorphism, threading, etc. Answered.
- Asked to write the logic for 2 programming questions given by him.
- Calculate the sum of the elements in an even index as well as odd index of an array and print the difference between them.
- In a character string, print the frequency of repetitive characters. (I gave him a bubble sort kind of logic, he was quite happy and satisfied).
- Then he gave me 2 aptitude questions to solve which were quite easy. One was based on ages and the other was based on work and time.
- This was all for the technical interview. He asked me whether I have any questions for him, asked him a couple of questions and he answered them nicely. This round lasted for 25-30 minutes.
Round 2: HR interview
- The interview started on time. She greeted me and introduced herself. Then she asked me to show her the documents like Aadhar card, PAN card, 10th marksheet. She asked whether I have a passport or not. I answered accordingly.
- She asked whether I have any location constraints. Answered.
- She asked whether I am ready to do an internship with them. Answered.
- This was all for the HR interview. She asked me whether I have any questions for him, asked her some questions and she answered them nicely. This round lasted for 15-20 minutes.
After few days results were announced.
- Practice some basic programming questions. They will ask you the logic behind your solution.
- Practice aptitude questions as well.
- Be thorough with your resume.
- Keep your documents ready in soft copy form during technical and HR interviews. Be calm and go for it!!