Cognizant GenC Interview Experience (On-Campus 2022)
Hello everyone! Recently, Cognizant visited our campus and I appeared for GenC profile assessment. So, here is a brief explanation of my experience with the company. Have a look!
Note: Earlier, the recruitment process of Cognizant was a bit different. They used to conduct an online assessment, based on which students were shortlisted for either GenC or GenC Next profiles. Unlike previous years, the company conducted completely separate exams for GenC, GenC Elevate, and GenC Next this year. Also, Cognizant made it clear that a student can choose to sit for only one profile and he/she cannot appear for more than one Cognizant profile due to which they might face rejection. So, Among all these, I chose GenC just because getting a job was my first priority.
Round 1: Online Test
Time: 100 minutes, We had the online test on 6th September 2021. It comprised of three sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
The results rolled out on 9th September 2021.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- My technical interview was scheduled for 30th September. Here are the questions that the interviewer asked me:
- First, he introduced himself.
- Then asked me,
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Did you make any projects?
- Explain any one of them. (He asked many things while I was explaining)
- Which language you are comfortable in?
- What is the constructor and how do you declare it and why do we need it? (As I have mentioned java in my resume.)
- What is Dynamic memory allocation?
- What do you understand by public static void main(string args)?
- What are local variables?
- What is OOP? Explain in detail.
- What are joins and keys?
- Write a query to create a table?
- What are Primary Memory and Secondary memory?
- Finally, he told me that the interview was over and he would give my feedback to HR.
Round 3: HR Interview
- On 4th October, the technical interview results rolled out. My HR interview was scheduled for 5th October.
- It was basically a document verification round where they asked me to share my meeting screen and showcase the soft copies of my Aadhar card, PAN card, and class 10th mark sheet.
Finally got the result from the placement cell of college that I was selected in Cognizant!!