Cognizant Genc Elevate Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Round 1: Online Round
There was 15 MCQ’s, 3 coding question and 1 SQL query. The time limit for this round was 100 minutes. MCQ’s were focused on
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Data Structures
- Output-based questions
2 coding questions were of easy level (based on arrays ) and 3rd one was to construct a tree from in order and preorder traversals and return level order traversal of that tree. SQL query was based on joins.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The interviewer introduced herself and then asked me to introduce myself. She asked the following questions
- what all subjects you studied in 3 years of your college?
- What are data structures?
- Linear and non-linear data structures and differences between them.
- She asked which programming language I am comfortable with, I said python.
- What is the difference between list and tuple?
- How many ways are there to copy objects in python? ( deep and shallow copy)
- What are decorators in python and why they are used?
- Data types in python
- Write code to print N Fibonacci number ( I was asked to code in compiler and to run my code )
- What is OOPS and how is it better than the procedural programming paradigm?
- 4 pillars of OOPS. Then she asked to explain any 2 of them
- Types of inheritance.
The interview lasted for around 40 minutes.
Round 3: HR Interview
- She asked me to introduce myself. Then asked if I am interested in the internship program offered by cognizant. Then asked me to share the screen and show Aadhar card, pan card, and 10th class mark sheet.