Cognizant GenC Elevate Interview Experience 2021
After getting selected for the interview round of Cognizant Genc elevate 2021, I was a little bit nervous. Technical and HR round was both taken on superset platform.
Technical Round: At first, the interviewer asked me to give a 1-minute introduction, then he also introduced himself to me (he is a Tech-lead at Cognizant). After the introduction, he asked me the programming languages I know.
- I told him that I was comfortable in both Java and C++.
- Then he asked me whether I know HTML and CSS. I said yes.
- After that, he told me to share my screen and write an HTML and CSS code in NotePad for creating a rectangular box and he told me to write my name inside that box in red color. I did it.
- After that, he asked me to write a code for string palindrome checking. I also did that.
- Next, he moved on to Java and asked some basic questions like what is inheritance, how do we stop it? what is abstract in java, the difference between abstract class and interface. Do abstract class contains non-abstract methods? etc.
- Then he asked me why do you want to join Cognizant? Between Core and IT, what will you choose? (as am I a student of Electronics) and then he wanted to know my academic details.
- Lastly, he asked me some questions on RDBMS like what is a unique key? How to remove duplicates? Then he told me, “I am done with you, do you have any questions?”.
- So I asked him about my performance and requested him to give some feedback. He told me that I was good, I can learn new technologies like AI, IoT, Machine-Learning.
- I told him that I know Machine-Learning a little bit, so he asked me to tell him how a string is used and stored in ML. I told him the concept by showing an example. It seemed that he was very impressed. He then told me to wait for the HR round.
- My HR interview round was scheduled on the same day. I greeted the interviewer.
- He asked,”How are you, How was your Interview?”.
- Then she asked me to show my pan-card, aadhar card, and 10th mark sheet.
- After that, she told me some rules and regulations about Cognizant and then asked me whether I have any questions? I said no, and then he asked me to leave.
- Be polite to your interviewer.
- If you don’t know a particular question, clearly tell him No, Don’t waste time.
- Be specific to your answers.
All the best.