Clockwise Spiral Traversal of Binary Tree
Given a Binary Tree. The task is to print the circular clockwise spiral order traversal of the given binary tree.
For the above binary tree, the circular clockwise spiral order traversal will be 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 2, 3.
Input : 10 / \ 12 13 / \ 14 15 / \ / \ 21 22 23 24 Output : 10, 24, 23, 22, 21, 12, 13, 15, 14
- First calculate the width of the given tree.
- Create an auxiliary 2D array of order (width*width)
- Do level order traversal of the binary tree and store levels in the newly created 2D matrix one by one in respective rows. That is, store nodes at level 0 at row indexed 0, nodes at level 1 at row indexed 1 and so on.
- Finally, traverse the 2d array in the below fashion:
- Start from the first row from left to right and print elements.
- Then traverse the last row from right to left and print elements.
- Again traverse the second row from left to right and print.
- Then second last row from right to left and so on and repeat the steps until the complete 2-D array is traversed.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Circular Clockwise Spiral Traversal : 10, 24, 23, 22, 21, 12, 13, 15, 14,
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.