First Round: Group Technical Question Answers
- what is Sorting? types, complexities, the difference between nLogn and n2, how to draw a graph of nLogn?
- TCP/IP and UDP: differences and live examples of both
- Process and processor: single-core quad-core dual-core and multiprocessing life cycle of the process.
Second Round: Technical and Resume Based.
- Tell me something about yourself?
- String related questions, String pool String buffer String builder And String difference and how internally string works in the memory pool.
- What is immutable? design an immutable class by yourself.
- What is singleton class? design it
- Along with this they also asked about design patterns in java but I denied as I don’t know it
- Rate yourself on collections in java?
- What is generics in java
- The difference between vector, LinkedList, and ArrayList in java when to use it.
- What is serialization?
- The difference between an interface and abstract classes new java 8 feature default methods etc.
- Check whether an element is present in both arrays if posses then write it?
Input: 2 2 3 3 5 and 1 2 3 4 5 Output: 2 3 5
naive n2 optimize n in next round.
- Check whether an array is sorted or not it is in dec or ascending both are sorted we need to check both?
- Recursion question find n odd integers by recursion
- One two more programming questions I don’t remember now.
- Some questions on resume projects how you made that whats your role and some general questions HR type.
Third Round: Hr and Technical round it was.
- How was your day? and hows the last round?
- Tell me the questions you had in last round.
I told them all programming questions and asked me to optimize one of them that I did use a hashmap. Then another interviewer came and he tried to pressurize me and give me a question to design an app like WhatsApp and told me I don’t think so you will do it this app going to fail for sure. He is constantly interrupting, but I considered all the features list it down and add some extra features that I personally want to add in a WhatsApp.
They come to my projects and then asked me why you don’t use elastic search instead I told something about elastic search then they told me to study for half an hour and come back. I study thoroughly what is it and how it is used and why it is used? n told them.
It’s done! finally, at last, that interviewer who pressurized me gave me compliments on my confidence and asked some more questions like.
- Why we hire you?
- If you have an offer from another organization will you join that?
I consider all the factors and answered them.
Tip: Be confident! maintain a smile on your face, answer every question positively. Don’t be nervous, all the best!.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.