ClearTrail Interview Experience
First Round: Group Technical Question Answers
- what is Sorting? types, complexities, the difference between nLogn and n2, how to draw a graph of nLogn?
- TCP/IP and UDP: differences and live examples of both
- Process and processor: single-core quad-core dual-core and multiprocessing life cycle of the process.
Second Round: Technical and Resume Based.
- Tell me something about yourself?
- String related questions, String pool String buffer String builder And String difference and how internally string works in the memory pool.
- What is immutable? design an immutable class by yourself.
- What is singleton class? design it
- Along with this they also asked about design patterns in java but I denied as I don’t know it
- Rate yourself on collections in java?
- What is generics in java
- The difference between vector, LinkedList, and ArrayList in java when to use it.
- What is serialization?
- The difference between an interface and abstract classes new java 8 feature default methods etc.
- Check whether an element is present in both arrays if posses then write it?
Input: 2 2 3 3 5 and 1 2 3 4 5 Output: 2 3 5
naive n2 optimize n in next round.
- Check whether an array is sorted or not it is in dec or ascending both are sorted we need to check both?
- Recursion question find n odd integers by recursion
- One two more programming questions I don’t remember now.
- Some questions on resume projects how you made that whats your role and some general questions HR type.
Third Round: Hr and Technical round it was.
- How was your day? and hows the last round?
- Tell me the questions you had in last round.
I told them all programming questions and asked me to optimize one of them that I did use a hashmap. Then another interviewer came and he tried to pressurize me and give me a question to design an app like WhatsApp and told me I don’t think so you will do it this app going to fail for sure. He is constantly interrupting, but I considered all the features list it down and add some extra features that I personally want to add in a WhatsApp.
They come to my projects and then asked me why you don’t use elastic search instead I told something about elastic search then they told me to study for half an hour and come back. I study thoroughly what is it and how it is used and why it is used? n told them.
It’s done! finally, at last, that interviewer who pressurized me gave me compliments on my confidence and asked some more questions like.
- Why we hire you?
- If you have an offer from another organization will you join that?
I consider all the factors and answered them.
Tip: Be confident! maintain a smile on your face, answer every question positively. Don’t be nervous, all the best!.