We are given co-ordinates of a triangle. The task is to classify this triangle on basis of sides and angle.
Input : p1 = (3, 0), p2 = (0, 4), p3 = (4, 7) Output : Right Angle triangle and Isosceles Input : p1 = (0, 0), p2 = (1, 1), p3 = (1, 2); Output : Triangle is obtuse and Scalene
We can solve this problem by first calculating the side length and then classifying on comparing of side lengths. Classification by sides is simple, if all sides are equal, triangle will be equilateral, if any two sides are equal triangle will be Isosceles otherwise it will be Scalene.
Now angle can be classified by Pythagoras theorem, if sum of square of two sides is equal to square of third side, triangle will be right angle, if less triangle will be acute angle else it will be obtuse angle triangle.
Below is written simple code for classification of triangle :
Triangle is right and Isosceles Triangle is obtuse and Scalene
This article is contributed by Utkarsh Trivedi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Sierpinski triangle
- Minimum Sum Path in a Triangle
- Maximum path sum in a triangle.
- Triangle with no point inside
- Find all angles of a given triangle
- Find all angles of a triangle in 3D
- Find Perimeter of a triangle
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Maximum Perimeter Triangle from array
- Area of Incircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Program to find the Centroid of the triangle
- Area of a triangle inside a parallelogram
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle