Class diagram for Airport management System
The airport is a complex system in which thousands of domestic and international flights function every day and it needs proper planning and execution to make it a management system.
- AirportManagement – This class contains the overall details of the airport.
- TicketCounter – It allows the passengers to buy the ticket and do pay for a ticket.
- Flight – This contains all the flight details in an Airport.
- Employees – Employees can be two types – Airport and Airplane Employee. This class is the parent class of two subclasses – Airport Employee and Airplane Employee
- AirportEmployees – This class is the child class of Employees. It describes the employees working in the airport. It contains their designation and departments like customs, ticket, food, etc.
- AirplaneEmployees – This class is the child class of Employee and contains the designation like Air Hostess, Pilot, etc. It indicates the employees working inside airplanes.
- Runway – This contains the runway details and it also tells whether the particular runway is occupied by any flights.
- Passengers – This class contains the passenger details.
- NoticeBoard – This class contains the current flights and the flights which are yet to arrive and depart on a particular day.
- Luggage – This class holds the details of luggage for a particular passenger
- AirportManagement – AirportName, CityName, Area
- TicketCounter – TicketId, PassengerId, Source, Destination, Price, FlightId.
- Flight – FlightId, FlightName, Capacity, StartingTime, ReachingTime, Source, Destination, Price
- Employees – EmployeeId, EmployeeName, EmployeeSalary
- AirportEmployees – Designation, Department
- AirplaneEmployees – Designation
- Runway – RunwayNumber, FlightName, OccupiedStatus
- Passengers – PassengerId, PassengerName, PassengerAge, TicketId, LuggageId.
- NoticeBoard – FlightId, FlightName, ArrivalTime, DepartureTime, Source Destination
- Luggage – LuggageId, PassengerId, FlightId, NoOfLuggages
1. AirportManagement :
- open() -This indicates whether the airport is functioning or not and helps us to start and stop the airport functioning.
2. TicketCounter :
- TicketDetails() – This method displays the details of our ticket and the flights available along with their prices.
- BookTicket() – This method is to book the ticket
3. Flight :
- FlightDetails() – This method is to display all details of the flight along with the number of tickets booked for each flight.
4. Employees :
- EmployeeDetails() – This method is used to display the details of the employee along with their designation.
5. Runway :
- RunwayDetails() – This method gives the runway length, flights that have reserved the runway, and the flight which is currently on that runway.
- isOccupied() – It says whether the runway is occupied or not.
6. Passengers :
- PassengerDetails() – This method displays the entire details of the passengers in the airport.
- Checkin() – This method is to check in to the flight.
7. NoticeBoard :
- Details() – This method displays the details of all the flights which are in the airport and also displays the timings and details of the flights which have departed already and which are going to arrive soon.
- FlightStatus() – This method displays the status of a particular flight and also says if the flight is delayed or departing soon and also the number of passengers.
8. Luggage :
- LuggageDetails() – This method displays the details of all the luggage associated with a particular passenger.
- LuggageStatus() – This method is used to indicate the status of the luggage and says whether it is checked and shipped.
Inheritance is the concept of acquiring the resource from parents or base class by the child class. In inheritance, the class which allows its properties to be shared is known as the parent class and the class which acquires the properties from its parent class is known as the child class. Inheritance greatly reduces the need to code again and allows code reusability.
Here Employee class is the parent class, Airport employees and Airplane employees are its child classes.
Association is a kind of relationship in which both the classes use one another and their methods. In association, no class is the owner of another class, because both classes use each other and still remain in their own space.
Here association relationship exists between passengers and employees because passengers need employees and employees serve passengers, but they both exist in their own space.
Aggregation is a type of relationship in which one class is dependent on another class but can exist even without the other class. In short, the dependent class is not physically contained inside the independent class.
Here these three classes follow aggregation,
- Flight and passengers
- Flight and notice board
- Flight and runway
Passengers, Notice board, and runway are related to flight in some way but they can also exist without a flight and one flight can be replaced by another flight.
Composition is a type of relationship in which a particular class owns another class. In composition, the dependent class cannot exist without the independent class and is physically contained inside the independent class.
Here passengers and luggage follow a composition relationship because luggage cannot even exist without its owner(passengers).
Class diagram :